The S9300 is mainly used to access, converge, and transmit services on the MAN. As the access and convergence device on the MAN, the S9300 provides EPON, Fast Ethernet (FE), Gigabit Ethernet (GE), and 10GE interfacesthat transmit services at line speed.The S9300 can be applied to enterprise networks and data centers, providing high-density interfaces and rich value-added service (VAS) capabilities.
The S9312 supports a maximum of twelve 12 Line Processing Units (LPUs).
Appearance of the back of the S9312
The dimensions of the S9312 are 442 mm x 476 mm x 663.95 mm (width x depth x height).
Facing the chassis, the LPUs, SRUs, CMUs, and power modules are mounted from top to bottom. Ventilation and heat dissipation of the S9312 are performed from the back of the chassis. The handles are on both sides of the chassis.
Component Layout of the S9312
The board cage of the S9312 provides a total of 14 slots for horizontally inserted boards. The two slots in the middle are reserved for the SRUs that support 1+1 backup mode. The other 12 slots are reserved for the LPUs.
The fan frame and air filter of the S9312 are located at the back of the chassis.
Located at the bottom of the chassis, the power modules support double power supply networks for power input. The power modules can be either AC power modules or DC power modules. The DC power modules can work in 1+1 mode. The AC power modules can work in 1+1 or 2+2 mode.
The power modules support PoE. The PoE function supports only the AC power supply. Four AC power modules work in 3+1, 2+2, or 4+0 (not backup) mode..
Located at the bottom of the chassis, the CMUs work in 1+1 backup mode.
The S9300 provides high-density Ethernet interfaces. This section describes the the maximum interface density on the LPU and in the entire system, forwarding capability, features and reliability.
Table 1 lists the types of interfaces on the boards with high interface density and describes the interface density of the boards and in the entire system.Table 1 Table of interface density of the board and system
Interface Density on the LPU
Interface Density of the System
Flexible ExtensibilityThe system extensibility includes:
- Service extensibility: The SRU of the system supports the FSUA, which can meet the requirements for service development in the future.
- Power supply: Currently, the maximum power supply of a power supply module is 1600 W, and 1+1 and 2+2 redundancy are supported. In the future, 4+4 redundancy will be supported.
- cluster switch system (CSS): In a CSS, two switches are connected through dedicated stacking cables to form a logical switch. To meet the forwarding requirement of the database and ensure the network reliability, the CSS technology is used.
Powerful Forwarding Capability
On the S9300, the hardware completes two-level packet replication to forward multicast at wire speed. That is, the SFU replicates multicast packets to the LPU, and the forwarding engine of the LPU replicates the multicast packets to its interfaces.
Table 2 System specifications of the S9300
1 Tbit/s or 2 Tbit/s
- The S9300 provides rich Layer 2 service features, including the following:
- Generic Attribute Registration Protocol / Generic VLAN Registration Protocol (GARP/GVRP)
- Selective QinQ
- Smart Ethernet Protection (SEP)
- Smart Link
- STP, RSTP, and MSTP
- Link aggregation
- DHCP snooping
- IGMP snooping
- IPV6 ND snooping
- MLDv1/v2 snooping
- Ethernet OAM
- The S9300 provides various IP services, including:
- IPv4 unicast routing protocols, including the Routing Information Protocol (RIP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPFv2), Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), and Multiprotocol Border Gateway Protocol (MBGP)
- IPv6 unicast routing protocols, including RIPng, OSPFv3, ISISv6, and BGP+
- Multicast routing protocols, including IGMP, MLD, Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (MSDP), multicast VLAN, PIM-DM, PIM-SM, and PIM-SSM
- DHCP relay, DHCP server, and Option82
- TheS9300supportsdistributed and integratedNetStream.
- The S9300 provides MPLS services.
- MPLS forwarding
- The S9300 provides perfect VPN services, including the following features:
- BGP/MPLS IP VPN
- The S9300 provides mobile services, including:
- Stratum-3 clock
- Ethernet clock synchronization
- The S9300 provides rich intranet features, including:
- TheS9300, which functions as the network access device (NAD), supports Web authentication, 802.1x authentication, and MAC address authentication.
- The S9300 provides service distribution, including:
- Load balancing
- IPSec VPN
Excellent Security Design
The S9300 adopts a distributed structure, which guarantees the separation between the data plane and the control plane. It provides a security performance leading in the industry.
The S9300 provides the following security features:
- Three user authentication modes: local authentication, Remote Authentication Dial in User Service (RADIUS) authentication, and Huawei Terminal Access Controller Access Control System (HWTACACS) authentication.
- Hardware-based packet filtering and sampling, which guarantees high performance and high scalability
- Multiple authentication methods including plain text authentication and Message Digest 5 (MD5) for upper-layer routing protocols such as OSPF, IS-IS, RIP, and BGP-4
- ACL on the forwarding plane and control plane
- Anti-attack features: The S9300 provides the blacklist and CAR functions to limit the packets to be sent to the CPU.
- Port security
- DHCP snooping and DHCP snooping over VPLS
- MAC limit and MAC Forced Forwarding (MFF)
- IP source trail, ARP attack defense,ICMP attack defense,and broadcast traffic suppression
- Blacklist and attack trace: TheS9300filters out the traffic of users on the blacklist and displays the physical interfaces and VLAN IDs of the attackers.
- Whitelist: The S9300 provides a high-priority channel for the protocol packets transmitted to the CPU.
The S9300 provides a powerful monitoring system. The S9300 manages and maintains the entire system by using the individual monitoring unit. The monitoring unit manages, monitors, and maintains the boards, fans, and power modules.
The S9300 complies with Electro Magnetic Compatibility (EMC). The modular design of theS9300implements EMC isolation between boards.
The S9300 meets the requirements for the high reliability of carrier-class and high-end devices. TheS9300provides the following features shown inTable 3to ensure high reliability.
Table 3 Carrier-class reliability
System protection mechanism
The boards, power modules, and fans are hot swappable.
The monitoring unit is totally separated from the service system.
The system can operate normally for 96 hours when a single fan fails.
The MPUs work in 1+1 backup mode.
The power modules work in 1+1 or 2+2 backup mode.
Key components such as the clocks and management buses work in backup mode.
Protection against abnormalities
The system can restart automatically and be recovered when abnormalities occur.
The system resets a board when abnormalities occur on the board and resumes the work.
The system automatically restores the interface configuration.
The system provides protections against over-current and over-voltage for power modules and interfaces.
The system provides protection against mis-insertion of boards.
Power alarm monitoring
The system provides alarm prompt, alarm indication, running status query, and alarm status query.
Voltage and environment temperature monitoring
The system provides alarm prompt, alarm indication, running status query, and alarm status query.
The system adopts distributed hardware-based forwarding.
The control channel is separated from the service channel to provide a non-blocking control channel.
The system provides fault detection for the system and boards and alarm function for indicators, and the NMS.
The system supports in-service patching.
The system supports version rollback.
The system supports online upgrade of the BootROM.
The system supports the Error Checking and Correction (ECC) Random Access Memory (RAM).
Fault tolerance design
The system supports hot backup of the data between the active and standby units. When the active unit fails, the standby unit automatically takes over the active unit for data transmission. This prevents data loss.
The system supports the synchronization between the MPUs and LPUs.
The system can automatically select and boot correct applications.
The system supports the automatic upgrade and restoration of the BootROM program.
The system can back up configuration files to the remote FTP server.
The system can automatically select and run correct configuration files.
The system provides abnormality monitoring for the system software, automatic restoration, and log record.
The system provides password protection for system operations.
The system provides hierarchical protection for commands through the configuration of login user levels and command levels.
The system can lock the terminal through commands to prevent illegal use.
The system provides operation and confirmation prompts for some commands that may degrade the system performance.
Operation and maintenance center
The system adopts the generic integrated Network Management System platform developed by Huawei.
TheS9300provides the following maintenance features:
- The S9300 supports Ethernet OAM, providing point-to-point Ethernet fault management to detect faults in the first mile of the directly connected link on the user side of the Ethernet. The S9300 supports automatic neighbor discovery, link fault monitoring, remote fault notification, and remote loopback configuration defined in IEEE 802.3ah, and Connectivity Check (CC) fault detection, MAC Ping, and MAC Trace defined in IEEE 802.1ag.
- The S9300 supports MPLS OAM, providing fault detection and location techniques such as Ping and TraceRoute on the MPLS network.
- The S9300 supports 802.1ag, 802.3ah, association between the status of BFD sessions, and end-to-end OAM.
- The S9300 supports traffic statistics based on physical interfaces, VLAN IDs, MPLS LSPs, and ACLs.
- Through the U2000, you can operate the S9300 for: Device management, Interface management, VLAN management, Multicast management, MPLS management, Software upgrading management, Configuration file management(item list)
- The S9300 supports different configuration methods such as end-to-end configuration, batch configuration, and configuration wizard. At the same time, it provides corresponding default configuration templates.
- The S9300 supports remote maintenance. The S9300 supports remote maintenance through Telnet.
- The S9300 supports in-service upgrade. When the system is operating normally, it can be upgraded through FTP or TFTP. In addition, with the active/standby switchover function, services are not interrupted during the upgrade.
- The S9300 supports hot patch. It can upgrade only the features that need to be optimized. Services are not interrupted during a patch is installed. It also supports deletion and confirmation during a patch is installed.
- It supports rollback of versions. When the in-service upgrade of the system software or that of a patch fails, the S9300 can return to the version before the upgrade.
FSD Park II. 2.emelet